Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Fallen - October 10, 2007




One tree bears the weight of a fallen sister.

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.


The grape vines grow fast and up the solid oak trees. They cling on them to bear their fruit. Storms come and blow the vines, some fall with broken limbs. Like the church we need one another. Some are strong, who others depend on for strength. Jesus is the strength of the vine and the tree.

Psa 20:8 They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.


Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.



Red is my favorite fall color. Every year a street is full of these colorful Red Maple trees. It is at the end of it's cycle, soon leaves will fall and limbs will be bare, but there is life in the tree.

Psa 30:11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
Psa 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.




This lone leaf, pierced and hanging on a tree. I saw Jesus here, the end of a perfect human life, hanging on a tree. He did not stay on that tree, nor down in the grave. He is risen!

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.



If we have fallen and are in Christ; whether it be sin or by affliction, we get up and on our knees, for he has a path yet for us.

Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home