Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The shape of things


The fisherman casts his line in the quiet of the pond. The leafless tree forms a circle reflection. In life we must discern the real from the reflections and shadows. False teachers replace the truth with a distorted reflection, leading people away. 

2Pe 2:2  And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 


Broken reeds form a  pointing triangle. Every movement brings change. We are to move in the Spirit of truth making a difference. The triangle reminds me of the Trinity. The word trinity is not in the Bible, but the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are portrayed as evidence of the one God. The Trinity points to this truth.

Mat 11:7  And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind? 
Mat 11:8  But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses. 
Mat 11:9  But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. 
Mat 11:10  For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 

1Jn 5:7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 


A sweeping path and a sweeping broom-like tree. There are several trees that remind me of brooms on my walk in the park. Time to clean up the clutter in our lives? Sweep out the junk in your mind and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Mat 12:43  When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 
Mat 12:44  Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 
Mat 12:45  Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation. 


 The eye tries to define images. This looks like a dragon to me. Can you see a dragon? I want to see with wisdom and discernment, both are gifts from God. We need to see things as God sees them. This is just an old tree.

Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 


A short and cute dog. The owner said that she is a spotted Dachshund. I had to use spell check for Dachshund, I kept thinking Datsun, I knew that was not right. Whatever the name is, she is beautiful. We are all different but all are made by God for his purpose.

Isa 43:18  Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 
Isa 43:19  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. 
Isa 43:20  The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen. 
Isa 43:21  This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home