Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Storm


It was a dreary day with minutes of sunshine,
just enough to entice me to the park for a walk.

It began to rain and then to hail.
The White Egret flies to find a safe place. Like the egret,
many are fleeing the storms of life.

Psa 55:8 I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.



He lands in a safe harbor of overhanging trees. Where we hang out is important.
We should avoid places of temptation and trouble.

Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation:
the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Psa 119:114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.


He waits for the storm to go by, dinner will wait.

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them,
My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Lev 25:18 Wherefore ye shall do my statutes, and keep my judgments,
and do them; and ye shall dwell in the land in safety.



The clouds roll by bringing a cold winter wind.
Home is looking good about now.

Psa 105:39 He spread a cloud for a covering;
and fire to give light in the night.

2 Comments:

At February 16, 2011 at 7:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah life can be a tempest, but without storms there would be no rainbows.

We learn a lot from studying God's Word & works.

 
At February 16, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life can be a Tempest, but without the storms there would be no rainbows.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home