Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Making Space



I let the Hollyhocks have their way in my back garden.

2Ch 31:5 And as soon as the commandment came abroad, the children of Israel brought in abundance the firstfruits of corn, wine, and oil, and honey, and of all the increase of the field; and the tithe of all things brought they in abundantly.





I planted an apple tree, but the hollyhocks grew around to make it disappear. You can't eat hollyhocks, so next year I will plant squash and give the small tree room.

Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Isa 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
Isa 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. 




Hedge plants with stumps like trees have dominated sections of my back yard. I am digging up the roots to make room for more vegetables.

Jer 1:8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
Jer 1:9 Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
Jer 1:10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. 



God makes beautiful things, like this red bell pepper.

Pro 15:16 Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.
Pro 15:17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. 




Yellow bell peppers are still producing. I have planted pod peas for a winter garden. We plant the seed, the LORD makes them grow. Preparing the ground is important for a good crop.

Mat_13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home