Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Winged Insects - June 19, 2007

In the heat of summer, around the pond there is life,
if you look for it.
Another new butterfly for me to identify. The closest match was called: California Sisters. As brothers and sisters in Christ, we are to pray one for the other.

Job 42:10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
Job 42:11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
Job 42:12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:

The Pipe vine Swallowtail has his straw (proboscis) in the mud sipping water. There are many pipe vines at the park.

Mat 10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
Mat 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.


The backside of the Pipe vine butterfly. I spent a lot of time waiting for him to open his wings. There were two together. When they drink they close their wings. I would wave my foot and they would fly and land and quickly close their wings. They were weary of my foot waving, to the point that I could easily have stepped on them. They got used to me.

Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.




I had seen hundreds of varieties of dragonflies, in my searching on the Internet, so I was looking for a new kind. I found this new one to me, one of a kind, called the Western Meadowhawk.
Isa 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast
There are hundreds of varieties of dragonflies, so I looked for a new one. This is the Western Meadowhawk. He was one of a kind.not known me:
Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

A pair of Blue Dashers. I noticed that the flying insects were often in pairs.

Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home