Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Closer Look



Three Jimson flowers reminded me of the three crosses on Calvary where Jesus and the two thieves were crucified. One thief repented and came close to Jesus and was saved, the other mocked him and was separated from him for all eternity. They all looked like men; men created in the image of God, but one was God in the man Jesus. Take a closer look at Jesus. If you have rejected him, reconsider your decision. I met two men on the trail, one was in his 60's the other was 86. They asked me what I did with the pictures. I told them I sent them out on the Internet, with Bible verses. Both said that they had left the church at the age of nineteen. I said that I had come to Jesus at the age nineteen. The oldest said,"they made us memorize Psalm 23." I asked him who the shepherd was in that Psalm. I don't know, he said. I said he was Jesus. Come and follow Jesus for eternal life. The other one scoffed, saying I never read the Bible. He said that there are all kinds of people. They need to take a closer look at Jesus.

Luke 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Luke 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
Luke 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Most every walk is along the same trails. Is there anything more to see? A voice spoke within me saying, slow down and take a closer look. Sure enough, I was standing next to a button bush that I had not noticed in the previous walks. I showed this digital image to the two men and one said, it reminds me of the tinker toys we used to play with. I can see Jesus, the center of our being; all things revolve around him. He keeps the planets in orbit and made the tiniest atom.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Looking still closer at the button flowers I see the beauty of his design, as firework flowers bursting forth to glorify the creator and to bring forth new seeds and new life. The Bible is our life giving seed; Jesus is the seed of David and the only begotten of the Father in Heaven.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Rom 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
Rom 1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

A string instrument? Perhaps the old violin. One of the two men said, look there is the bow, could you give me a copy of this? I would give him Jesus, for like the old violin it has little worth until it is touched by the master's hand. We are His instruments for good or for evil. Let us be used by the LORD, and through him, bless others.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home