Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Anger and Illusion


My faithful friend at the fishing dock said that the fish were not biting. Across the pond on the shore, the boys were doing what boys like to do; they are throwing rocks at the geese, but as she scolds them, they said "I was only going to throw rocks in the water."

Pro 14:12  There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. 
Pro 14:13  Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness. 


One of the geese flew by, gliding above his reflection with strong wings and a determined look.

Psa 36:6  Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast. 
Psa 36:7  How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. 
Psa 36:8  They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. 
Psa 36:9  For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. 


As I walked along the receding shoreline, I saw what looked like an alligator. We have no alligators in the wild in California. It was a broken tree root, an illusion. We must look carefully at things that appear dangerous.

Eph 5:13  But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. 
Eph 5:14  Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 
Eph 5:15  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 
Eph 5:16  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 


As my daughter was backing her car out of the driveway, she saw and heard the gobble of turkeys. The Tom turkey was strutting before his female admirers like a street wise turkey.

Num 14:19  Pardon, I beseech thee, the iniquity of this people according unto the greatness of thy mercy, and as thou hast forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now. 
Num 14:20  And the LORD said, I have pardoned according to thy word: 
Num 14:21  But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD. 
Num 14:22  Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice; 
Num 14:23  Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: 
Num 14:24  But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it. 


 We have human turkeys in the cities, streetwise and looking for trouble. We are not to be wise in our own eyes.

Isa 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! 
Isa 5:21  Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight! 


Borrowing a sunset from last weeks walk, I think of the beauty of God's creation. I thank him for sending Jesus to be me savior from my sins and hell. I am grateful to him and pray for those with no purpose, who are full of anger, that they would come to Jesus and receive his peace. 

Isa 57:19  I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him. 
Isa 57:20  But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. 
Isa 57:21  There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked. 

Eph 4:25  Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 
Eph 4:26  Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 
Eph 4:27  Neither give place to the devil. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home