Thursday, June 28, 2007

Swallowtail - June 28, 2007

There was one Silver Thistle blooming. I focused on the flower and suddenly from out of nowhere, the Lord brought a Two Tailed Swallowtail to the flower; that was amazing. Did he not send the Osprey with fish overhead to me two days ago? Elijah was fed by the Ravens that God sent to him. God directs the creation.

1 Ki 17:3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
1 Ki 17:4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.

The Thistle is one of it's favorite nectar food. It also likes Milkweed, California Buckeye and Lilacs. My mother had a lilac bush and several of these butterflies would enjoy the fragrant nectar. I can still see her gathering a bouquet to put in a vase for us to take home.

Psa 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Psa 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.


The Butterfly stayed on the Thistle long enough for me to make a dozen pictures as it moved around the flower. I believe that God does control nature, he can send a butterfly. He can send us too.

Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Isa 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Isa 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
Isa 6:11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
Isa 6:12 And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.


The Tiger Swallowtail is found on the East Coast. The two Tailed Swallowtail ranges from Western North America south from British Columbia, east to central Nebraska and central Texas, south through Mexico.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.




A most beautiful creature on this mid day walk. I would hope that the Lord favored me and does care about the small things.

Psa 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home