Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cedar Waxwings



On my morning walk I saw many birds flying into a tree. I did not know what they were, but decided to take some pictures of them. A closer look and I saw Cedar Waxwings attracted to the ripe wild Oregon Grapes.

Isa 5:4 What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?
Isa 5:5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:
Isa 5:6 And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.
Isa 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.
Isa 5:8 Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!


The birds were very active , flying in and then all flying out as I approached with camera.

Isa 31:5 As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.
Isa 31:6 Turn ye unto him from whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted.\
Isa 31:7 For in that day every man shall cast away his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which your own hands have made unto you for a sin.


There is so much to see. This image was the top of one picture. They all seemed to be perched quietly on the branches, eating at their leisure the abundant grapes.

Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?


This was at the bottom of the picture, showing a bird flying in for a feast. The grapes were high in the tree, so they had to make some effort to feed themselves. I see people in food give away lines or with signs begging for food; do they trust God and make an effort to find food? The birds find food.

Prov 21:25 The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.
Prov 21:26 He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.
Psa 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
Psa 37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
Psa 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
Psa 37:26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
Psa 37:27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.




1 Comments:

At October 7, 2009 at 4:47 PM , Blogger S.M.S said...

Gary,

Your page always blesses me. Thank you for sharing your talent in photography and your heart :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home