Sunday, March 1, 2015

Kneaded and needed


I was out of bread, so I thought I would make some honey wheat bread. It had to be kneaded from 10-15 minutes. As the bread became soft in my hands I squeezed out a face in the bread. I thought, wow, the Lord could have fashioned us like this. Thumbs making the eyes, fingers shaping the features.

Isa 64:8  But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. 


Our faces are all different and yet fashioned by the Lord. Somehow these bread faces are looking old? This makes me think of the movie stars that have plastic surgery to look beautiful. What of the hearts of these beautiful looking people? They need a new heart too, after the likeness of Jesus.

Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 


Let's be happy, for we are the work of the masters hands for his good pleasure. 

Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 
Php 2:14  Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 
Php 2:15  That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 
Php 2:16  Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. 


The bread was meant to be a loaf, but not a loafer. We are to be busy about the work the Lord has for us.

Rom 12:9  Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. 
Rom 12:10  Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; 
Rom 12:11  Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; 
Rom 12:12  Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; 


If we fulfill his purpose for us,. we will be happy indeed.

Psa 146:5  Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: 

Php 2:1  If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 
Php 2:2  Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home