Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Where's Randy?


For weeks Randy, the wounded goose, has been missing from the park pond. Was he a meal for the homeless seeking refuge at the park? The wild goose "cranes" his neck; is he looking for his cousin Randy?


As I walked over the footbridge by the second pond the mallard duck was only concerned with preening his feathers. Like most of us, we are more concerned with our own daily tasks.

Rom 8:10  And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the spirit is life because of righteousness. 
Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 
Rom 8:12  So then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh: 


As I walked around to the river  I SAW RANDY! The river did not have all the kids and dogs that were always active in the green grass near the park pond. How special to see my old friend of three years again.


Randy swims into the river and it isn't like the pond, it has motion and it carries him along past the water plants, like Moses when he was in his ark basket.


Randy floats far away into the river. Is this the last we will see of him? I think of many who get into the river of life who are carried away into some future place, often not the best place for them. This got me to thinking about our need to be focused on the best things. What is worth giving all of our life and attention too. What gift do you need to bring to completion?

Php 3:8  Yea verily, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, that I may gain Christ, 
Php 3:9  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of mine own, even that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith: 
Php 3:10  that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed unto his death; 
Php 3:11  if by any means I may attain unto the resurrection from the dead. 
Php 3:12  Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect: but I press on, if so be that I may lay hold on that for which also I was laid hold on by Christ Jesus. 
Php 3:13  Brethren, I count not myself yet to have laid hold: but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before, 
Php 3:14  I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 
Php 3:15  Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye are otherwise minded, this also shall God reveal unto you: 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home