Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Speckled


Later in the day I entered the park and had to stop and capture this image of the great bare oak trees and the cloud covered river. The color of the sky reminds me of an Ansco color film that I used in the 1950's. There was no better color than from Kodak's kodachrome slide film. The colors from these slides that were first made in the the 1930's have retained their true colors
over the years. Digital photos have replaced the old processes, but none were better than Kodachrome.


Clouds reflect in the pond. What a lovely day.

Psa 36:5  Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. 
Psa 36:6  Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast. 
Psa 36:7  How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. . 


The lambs are being born in the farm near the park. This speckled one reminded me of the story of Jacob and his deal to keep all the speckled and spotted livestock from his father in law.

Gen 30:32  I will pass through all thy flock to day, removing from thence all the speckled and spotted cattle, and all the brown cattle among the sheep, and the spotted and speckled among the goats: and of such shall be my hire. 


So if I were spotted maybe I would not be suitable for a sacrifice for your sins in the Old Testament times? too bad; I have a tag on my ear to show that I have an owner who cares for me. This is somewhat like  humans who are chosen through Jesus and are sealed by the Holy Spirit, to show that they belong to God.

2Co 1:21  And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, 
2Co 1:22  and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home