Saturday, March 14, 2015

We Need Water


The clouds look like rain, but we are still needing more rain to end our drought.

Job 5:7  But man is born unto trouble, As the sparks fly upward. 
Job 5:8  But as for me, I would seek unto God, And unto God would I commit my cause; 
Job 5:9  Who doeth great things and unsearchable, Marvellous things without number: 
Job 5:10  Who giveth rain upon the earth, And sendeth waters upon the fields; 
Job 5:11  So that he setteth up on high those that are low, And those that mourn are exalted to safety. 


The Oak tree begins to bud, awakening from the winter sleep.

Jos 24:23  Now therefore put away, said he, the foreign gods which are among you, and incline your heart unto Jehovah, the God of Israel. 
Jos 24:24  And the people said unto Joshua, Jehovah our God will we serve, and unto his voice will we hearken. 
Jos 24:25  So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and set them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem. 
Jos 24:26  And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of God; and he took a great stone, and set it up there under the oak that was by the sanctuary of Jehovah. 



A trip to an old fishing place shows me that we are still low of water. The boat launching ramp is far from the trickle of water. This place was getting choked with water weeds, so maybe this will make it better once the water returns? I recently bought a rowboat to go fishing, but where's the water? On another note, people were refreshed last night in our Bible study from hearing the word of God presented in a grand way. One person commented, "I feel refreshed." The water of the word of God refreshes the hearer, we need it to survive.

John 15:3  Already ye are clean because of the word which I have spoken unto you. 
John 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me. 


Stopping on the bridge over the once thriving waterway, I see a pond with one expert fisher. When I go fishing I lose a lot of lures on all those snags in the water. It takes skill to fish, but primarily we are to be fishers of men.

Mat 4:18  And walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw two brethren, Simon who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishers. 
Mat 4:19  And he saith unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you fishers of men. 
Mat 4:20  And they straightway left the nets, and followed him. 

Eaglewings Ministries Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home