Saturday, August 22, 2015

True and false


When I saw the light hit these golden leaves, they appeared to be suspended by a spider web. I found that a small stem was still connected to a tree. Photoshop covered the stem. These are real leaves but not hanging by a web.

Job 8:13  So are the paths of all that forget God; And the hope of the godless man shall perish: 
Job 8:14  Whose confidence shall break in sunder, And whose trust is a spider's web. 


These leaves were as I found them. Remember playing the game pick up sticks? The sticks would fall upon each other and you were to pick them up and remove them one at a time without moving the other sticks. It would be difficult to move these leaves without disturbing their surroundings. Our brothers and sisters in Jesus should be so close as this, so that we see and feel the needs of one another.

Gal 6:2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 

1Jn 3:17  But whoso hath the world's goods, and beholdeth his brother in need, and shutteth up his compassion from him, how doth the love of God abide in him? 
1Jn 3:18  My Little children, let us not love in word, neither with the tongue; but in deed and truth. 


A fearful spider brought close by a magnifying glass? No, it is another photoshop trick. A real spider, but enhanced.

Psa 34:2  My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. 
Psa 34:3  O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. 
Psa 34:4  I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 


Gang graffiti marking up a defaced sign. I do not like the rebellious spirit behind those who seek to be together to do bad things. They need Jesus.

Isa 42:6  I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 
Isa 42:7  To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 
Isa 42:8  I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. 


An old radio program was called the shadow. "Who knows what secrets lurk in the heart of man? the Shadow knows." This is a man making a shadow puppet. I have heard the enemies of God accusing Christians as being puppets.  In truth we are to be conformed to the image of Jesus christ. 

1Th 4:3  For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye abstain from fornication; 
1Th 4:4  that each one of you know how to possess himself of his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 
1Th 4:5  not in the passion of lust, even as the Gentiles who know not God; 
1Th 4:6  that no man transgress, and wrong his brother in the matter: because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as also we forewarned you and testified. 
1Th 4:7  For God called us not for uncleanness, but in sanctification. 
1Th 4:8  Therefore he that rejecteth, rejecteth not man, but God, who giveth his Holy Spirit unto you. 


Now what is this? It is the pot roast that I cooked last night. It is the real thing. You could smell the flavors . A most desirable dish. Come and dine!

2Co 2:15  For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: 
2Co 2:16  To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? 

Jesus is life to those who believe in him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home